Monday, January 26, 2009

Soup-er Bowl Sunday

I cannot believe that after all the mountains of HC soup I've carted home and passed on from Shaws, that I'm out looking for soup this week, but I am. Yep, I'm on the hunt for free or very cheap soup. Any kind, any style, any flavor -- I need soup.
Why?? you ask. Well, its like this. The church that we're attending for January and February (pulpit supply lets you visit a lot of churches) is having a Soup-er Bowl Party and stocking the local food pantry with (you guessed it!!) soup. After that, they're moving on to peanut butter (I think I still have 12-15 jars from Shaws last week), macaroni and cheese (this is gonna kill me. I have never bought the blue boxes and cannot believe that I'm even going to consider it), and finally juices.
So -- if I'm going to this Soup-er bowl party (and I am) then I need to bring some soup for the food pantry. Honestly, I think this is an incredibly clever idea and I'm tickled pink to help. I just wish I'd known before the ConAgra deal ended. I could've had a ton of free soup for this. And since these folks don't yet know how I shop --- it could've been a ton of fun to watch the faces. I've GOT to work on this.

No comments: