Friday, August 6, 2010

Everyday Mineral Makeup: Under $10 for 5 Products


I don’t often post about anything other than freebie and cheapie deals at the grocery store and drug store.  Today, I had an interesting conversation with a friend about all of the myriad of ways to save big money that many of us are not even aware of:  and voila – this deal hit my inbox.  It was made for sharing. 
Everyday Minerals is a competitor to that big, well-advertised, TV show brand of fantastic mineral makeup.  I tried the other one (the one I’m working very hard not to name, but you know who I mean) and I LOVED it.  It felt wonderful on my face.  It looked great (didn’t scream “I’m wearing makeup”) and it didn’t make me itch or break out.  What more could a gal ask from makeup?? 
Well --- this gal asked for a better price tag.  As much as I loved the stuff, I couldn’t justify the cost.  I know, I know ---- research has shown repeatedly that women who wear makeup are perceived to be smarter, more competent, and more helpful in the workplace.  I know it keeps me looking professional.  But the dent in my pocketbook wasn’t keeping me feeling good at all. 
Then the discovery of Everyday Minerals – the competitor.  The products were just as terrific.  They were just as all natural and good for the skin. The prices were much more tolerable --- especially when I discovered the freebie sample packs and the discount codes. 
For every order, you can include a 4 pack of  free samples --- of any of their products you want to try.  Eyeshadow is my favorite.  I don’t wear enough of it to go through it in vast quantities, so a 4 pack of samples is enough to last me for about 5-6 months.  In other words:  free eyeshadow for me. 
Right now, Everyday Minerals has a 50% off sale on their All Natural Lippies (in other words, tinted lip balm).  Its got primrose oil, and a bunch of other oils.  No parabens, no fragrance, no dye.  Nothing to make you itch or break out.  Its regularly priced at $8.00 --- so with the 50% off code --- a sweet $4.00 --- add in your freebie 4 pack samples --- and you end up with the all natural lip balm, and 4 of another product for under $10 including shipping and handling.  Sweet! 
Just use the code  VITAL50 at the checkout screen to get the discount.  The freebie 4 pack of samples is something you just check on the freebie page.  Easy, peasy.  

No comments: