Friday, September 26, 2008

Walgreens Coupon and Double-dipping

Woo Hoo, Woo Hoo!! This is the weekend --- it is double dipping weekend (that magical 2 day period when it is still September and at the same time, already October in Walgreen-land) AND there is a $off$$ coupon --- this time it is a $5 off $20 (much easier to use than the usual $10 off $40) In other words, this is the weekend that I really truly love Walgreens.

Go here if you haven't already gotten a copy of the Walgreens coupon --- you'll need it. And remember -- your total has to be $20 AFTER all of the coupons and deals come together (but not the Register Rewards or rebates)

First off, if you haven't gotten the free after rebate items, check that list first. You automatically make money with this weekend (and this is without the double-dipping scenarios!). You buy $20 worth of free-after-rebate products. You use the $5 OFF $20, which reduces your total to $15. Then you file for your rebate - and take the rebate as a Walgreens gift card (with a 10% bonus) and your rebate becomes $22.00. You're ahead of the game by $7.00 and you have all that stuff (there is some pretty good free-after-rebate stuff this month)

I picked up most of the free-after-rebate items during the last $ off $$ sale a few weeks ago. So for this one I used the two remaining items to fill in and get my total up to $20 (the store was out of them when I did the sale the last time) Go here to see how I did the free-after-rebate items already.

So for today, I used the double-dipping items for most of my $20. These are items that are in one monthly Easy Saver booklet as a coupon discount and in the other monthly Easy Saver booklet as a rebate. For these two days, you can use both the coupon discount AND file for the rebate. When you can combine that with a manufacturer's coupon it can become a really good deal --- and then layer the $5 off $20 on top of that.

For instance:
Garnier shampoo and conditioner $6.99 each (the big bottles for this one).
Buy 3 = $20.97 (can't use the $5 off $20 yet, because we're throwing all kinds of coupons at it)
- $9.00 -- from the $3.00 October EasySaver coupon (x3 for the 3 bottles)
- $3.00 --- manufacturer's coupons on Garnier from a tear off pad a while back
$8.97 oop
But -- there is a $10 rebate when you buy $20 worth of Garnier from the September EasySaver booklet --- so I'm ahead by just over $1.00 on this one

Pert Shampoo (I hate this stuff -- but this deal is so good, I'll do it and put the bottle in the donation bag for the food pantry)
its on sale right now for $4.29 (the big bottle again)
-$2.50 October EasySaver coupon
-$2.00 coupon from 9/7 SS
= FREE
But -- there is a $4.29 rebate in the September EasySaver booklet -- so I'm ahead of the game by $4.50 on this one. (which is why I'm buying shampoo I don't like!)

You can string together some excellent deals this way. Here was my first stab ---
3 Garnier
1 Pert
2 Glade Oil refills (I am addicted to that stuff now)
used the $1.00 coupon from the September EasySaver and the BOGO coupon from the 8/24 SS
2 Reach toothbrushes (used the $1.00 coupon fromt he 6/8 RP)
1 Adidas antiperspirant $1.99 with the in-ad coupon and I used the $1.00 from the 9/7 RP

I barely made it over the $20.00 mark after all the coupons --- so I paid out about $16.00 and I'll get $16.00 back in rebates (plus 10% for putting it on my Walgreens gift card!!) And I got $5.00 Register Rewards right away for the Reach toothbrushes.

You can really make some money with this whole deal. See what I mean:
$5 two Reach toothbrushes
$4.49 Crest Rinse Mouth Wash
$16.49 Loreal Revitalift Antiwrinkle Serum
$3.79 Pert Plus Shampoo=$29.77

-2 two Reach coupons from 6/8
-3 one Loreal Revitalift coupon from 7/20
-2 Pert Manufacturer coupon (I don't have the date of the coupon, but it was within the last month)
-2.50 Pert October Easy Saver coupon (coupon deal for October -- see!)

=20.27
-5 $5 off $20 purchase Walgreens coupon
=15.27 out of pocket

But wait ----- you get back
$5 RR for Reach products,
$4.49 RR for the Mouthwash
and $20.28 in Rebates for the Loreal Serum and Pert
so you're ahead of the game by $14.50. Can't beat that.

No comments: