Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walgreens Week of 8/17

This looks like a pretty great week at Walgreens for me. Here's what I'm planning to buy:

Transaction 1

  • 6 jars of Skippy peanut butter -- at 3/$5 that will total to 10.00. Minus 3 coupons for $1.00 off two jars comes to $7.00 oop ---- I'll get $4.00 in Register Rewards at the end.

Transaction 2

  • 4 boxes of Cheerios at $1.99 each = $7.96 minus $4.00 worth of coupons from the Cheerios Challenge = $3.96
  • since I have a full $4.00 in Register rewards to spend and I know that the Walgreens by me applies that to before tax purchases only, I'll ad in 2 boxes of Hefty zipperlock storage bags which are BOGO at $2.79. That makes my new total = $6.75 minus a $1.00 off two coupon for the Hefties = $5.75
  • I'll pay that with the $4.00 Register Rewards from the first transaction and then I'll only owe them $1.75 plus tax. Woo Hoo!!

Transaction 3

  • I'm repeating the Skippy transaction, but because I get differing versions of the paper, I don't have all of the same coupons --- so my $10.00 will only be less $2.50 in coupons (boo hoo) = $7.50 and I'll still get $4.00 in Register Rewards (before someone asks, I'm not paying for Skippy with the Register Rewards, because then the rewards wouldn't print out again.)

Transaction 4 (can't believe I'm doing this many transactions at Walgreens. I usually only do this at CVS!)

  • Walgreens is doing a deal where if you buy $10.00 worth of Kraft products, you get $4.00 in Register Rewards. Since you know I collected a couple of copies of All You Magazine, you know I have plenty of the buy some Kraft product and get a ton of other ones free. I already know that Walgreens carries the Wheat Thin Crackers and the jello and that they count for this deal --- so that's my default plan 4 free boxes of Wheat Thins and a whole lot of jello to hit the $10.00 total. But I'm taking my whole strip of Kraft coupons from All You with me --- we'll see if I can put together something better on the spot ---- in any event, I'll walk out with $4.00 in Register Rewards --- With the Jello plan, I'll lay out about $4.00 oop.

Fifth and Final transaction!!

  • 10 boxes of the Hefty bags = $13.95 less $5.00 in coupons = $8.95 Pay with the $4.00 Register Rewards from the last Skippy Deal and $4.00 Register Rewards from the Kraft deal and owe Walgreens a whopping $.95 (The cashier will likely have a canary!)

So -- all in all, I'll lay out about $13.00 and walk out with a boatload of stuff. I'm happy.

No comments: