Monday, July 14, 2008

Two Drugstore Deals This Week

There are two extremely great deals at drugstores this week that I cannot resist (and one pretty good one)
First, the pretty good one. You might have noticed that last week Rite Aid (not my favorite, but still pretty good for deals) had the Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners on sale. They were also in the monthly Single Check Rebate program AND there were coupons for them in last weeks paper on Sunday.... so at the end of it all, the shampoo and conditioner were FREE. But I had to be greedy. Herbal Essences also has a program going where some of the bottles are marked with codes that allow you to submit them for a free manicure and pedicure. I wanted to add that deal into the free shampoo. I know, I know, I'm greedy. Anyway -- neither of the RiteAids near me had any of the bottles marked with the free manicure/pedicure codes. So I passed on the deal and held onto my coupons. Greedy, I know.
This week, CVS has Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner on sale for 2/$5 -- mix that with the coupons for $3/2 bottles and we're down to $1 a bottle and it matches the RiteAid deal BEFORE the single check rebate. I'd only need to save an additional $2 to match the RiteAid deal fully. So, if I add them into a deal on something else and use the $3/$15 coupon --- I'll still end up with free shampoo, and I'll get my free manicure/pedicure too. Yep, I already checked, CVS has bottles with the codes -- lots of them.
The next deal is a Walgreens or RiteAid deal: Special thanks to Money Saving Mom for this one. (If you aren't in the habit of reading her blog --- get the habit!! She can really save you some serious time and cash)
Find a copy of Sunday's SmartSource insert (07/13). There was a coupon for B1G1 L'Oreal Vive Pro shampoo or conditioner. This same shampoo and conditioner is on sale B1G1 at Walgreens and Rite Aid this week.
So, if you buy 2 and use 1 B1G1 coupon, you'll get two free! (The store will give you one free as part of their promotion and the coupon will give you one free from the manufacturer!) Can't get any better than that!!
Last deal is a CVS deal (and one I never thought I'd want to take advantage of!!) Special thanks to iheartcvs for all of the details on this.
CVS is offering the 4 X 6 10 Page hardcover photo books ($3.99), Free after extra bucks, LIMIT 16 x 8 10 Page hardcover photo books ($7.99), Free after extra bucks, LIMIT 2Photo books

Some things you need to know:
1. You can't make photo book online for this offer. It must be made in store at the Kodak kiosk machine.
2. You can carry the pictures in any media device like memory card, CD, flash drive or etc. Make sure you arranged them in the order you want.
3. Offer is for 10 page photo books and It is 10 one sided pages4. For 10 pages, you can upload up to 54 pictures. But more number of pictures, smaller pictures you get. Best option is 2 per page or sometimes 3.5. You can choose different types of background. You can use your own pictures as the background but you have to edit option in every page. Select your pictures, and then it auto arranges them on the pages for you. You can also change the order, size, etc.6.
Your project will save there for about 2 days so you can reprint again if u want. But since so many number of photo book will be created this week, it’s better to ask
Now start stacking up the deal:
buy two of the 10 page photobooks for an initial total of $15.98
give them the 3/15 coupon
give them two (2) of the insert coupons:Kodak Photo Book $3 (7-31-08) (CVS and Wal-mart) SS 5/4/08Kodak Photo Book $3 (8-31-08) SS 6/8/08
pay the final 6.98 out of pocket (or with extra bucks) and get two photobooks AND $15.98 ECB back.
The only thing I'm not super thrilled with on this is that I end up with and ECB for 15.98. I'm looking for a way to combine this with some other deals (break up the two photobooks into two different transactions) so that I get two different ECB for 7.99 each rather than one huge ECB. I just find that the large ECB are really tricky to use.
Hmmm..... if I mix a photobook in with the Herbal Essences and........

No comments: