Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Walgreens Rebate

I received my first rebate gift card from Walgreens in the mail today (or should I say gift CARDS?) Apparently one of the offers was a separate deal (not sure how) so it came as a separate gift card. So --- two gift cards in the mail today from Walgreens totaling just over $20.
I also finished filing my receipts for the June rebates from Walgreens, and they total just under $30. If the Walgreens website is correct, I should be receiving that in toward the end of the month.
When I finish out the July rebate deals, I'll be able to have Walgreens reload the card that just arrived (from the May rebate) so I shouldn't have to wait as long for the rebate to be in my hot little hands.
Speaking of which -- the July rebate looks pretty good to me. Here's my plan:
  • definitely the Hebert candy bars for $.99 (what's to lose?? and what's not to love about free chocolate?)
  • the Dr. Scholls gel pads -- I never thought I'd be addicted to these, but I bought a set last month when they were on Register Rewards and I love, love, love them. Another set with a big, fat rebate? Sure!
  • Veet -- I go through this stuff like crazy in the summer. Its a good in-between the waxing solution without generating really coarse stubbly hair.
  • Right Guard deodorant -- got my coupons all lined up -- with the coupon deduction, this is an even better deal
  • Excedrin -- this is another product that we use alot of around here. And if the deal happens to be good on the Excedrin Migraine - that's so much the better.
  • Alavert -- this isn't the time of the year when we go through this alot, but the fall is coming and we'll surely use it. I've been saving a coupon I received from the company especially for this.
  • portable power for the Ipod -- I want to look at this one in person before I make a decision. We love our Ipods around here -- and on long trips we often run them down because we can't charge them back up while we're away from home. If this looks like a solution -- I'm in. We'll see
  • Visa activation fee --- as far as I'm concerned, this is free money -- I usually give my niece and nephews gift cards for birthday's etc -- but I've avoided the Visa giftcard because of the fees --- I happen to believe that the kids should get my money, not the Visa corporation! But, I end up restricting them to one store, because of the gift card I give them. I feel a Visa giftcard coming on for the July birthday boy!
  • Glade air spray -- with the dog, we're using this more and more. Might as well get some money back from Walgreens.
  • Spray'nWash -- And I can do this deal more than once --- its on sale this week -- same price as at my beloved CVS -- but with the rebate, Walgreens wins. I have several coupons -- and I'll be stacking them all up and maxing out this deal. I'll just pile the bottles in the laundryroom cabinet and use them as I go.
  • Box fan --- this was in the June Rebate catalog too and I wasn't going to do it --- until my sister sent me an email outlining the overlap between the June and July rebate catalogs and pointed out the fact that on purchases made during those 2 days YOU CAN SUBMIT FOR BOTH MONTHS --- add that in with the $5 off of a $20 purchase coupon and a couple of Register Rewards that I had and I've got a free fan. The fan is already purchased, and in fact, is already in my window and doing its job.

So all in all, I'm thinking that my July rebate might be somewhere in the neighborhood of about $50!! What I can't figure out is: Am I getting better at the Drugstore Game or did the deals get better?? I'll be glad when I start using the gift card -- it will make it that much easier to track the actual cost vs reward of the program....

No comments: