Monday, July 21, 2008

Rite Aid Trip

Rite Aid is not one of the drugstores that I favored for my Drugstore Game habit. Partly because I perceived that CVS was the easiest to play -- and Walgreens was the one with the benefit when the school supplies hit in July (that would be NOW--- and yes, it is paying me back handsomely)
But this week, I decided to do some work at Rite Aid. I was quite pleased -- although the immediate thrill of the CVS zero balance is not possible at RiteAid -- for those of us who are total thrill junkies --- But after the Single Check Rebate arrives --- woo hoo!! (I started a separate savings account for depositing rebates -- I'm curious to see how it grows. Obviously the CVS Extra Care Bucks won't go in there -- and neither will the Walgreens rebates since they grow by 10% by choosing to receive them as a Walgreens giftcard. I can't make 10% in the stockmarket these days!)
Anyway --- my RiteAid trip this morning netted the following:
  • 2 packages of Revlon cream eyeshadow -- BOGO at Rite Aid, less 2 coupons good for $2 off 1 and SCR for $4.00-- made them free with about $1.50 overage
  • 2 bottles of John Frieda Shampoo --- by one get the second one for half off at Rite Aid -- then $3.00 of two coupon on the display, $1.00 off one coupon from the paper, $1.00 off Rite Aid Beauty book coupon AND a $3.00 SCR coming to me. End of the list: less than $2.00 for the two bottles (so I figure I'm down by about $.50 right now)
  • two bottles of Suave shampoo $.99 ea at RiteAid and 2 coupons for $1.oo any bottle -- free plus $0.02 overage
  • 1 bottle of Advil $2.99 at RiteAid -- less a $2.00 coupon from the paper. (I think this puts me down about $1.50 total)

As soon as I submit my SCR requests --- I'm good to go.

No comments: