Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Stop and Shop List: 4/19

I know, I know --- Stop and Shop insists on running its week on a different schedule than everyone else --- but I cannot seem to keep up (Big Y does that too and it annoys the heck out of me -- their week seems to be the exact opposite of my shopping schedule and I'm never lined up right to really work their sales!!)
Anyway ---- yes, the Stop and Shop ad started a few days ago --- yes, I know I'm late --- I'm sorry and it WILL happen again -- cuz their week just doesn't seem to work for me.
Here is my shopping list for Stop and Shop --- it is by no means exhaustive or complete --- its simply what looks good to me and worth my time and energy to stockpile and shop for my family.

2 lbs. Strawberries, $2.99 (oh, yeah, we're definitely doing this one)

Top Round London Broil or Top Round Roast, $1.79 lb

Kellogg's Cereals, 3/$5;
Use $1.50 Kellogg's Cereal from 4/5 RP
Final Cost: $1.50 for 3 or $.50 a box

Edy's Ice Cream, $1.99 (limit 3)

Dannon Yogurt, 20/$10

Perri Italian Sausage, 2/$5

Glaceau Vitamin Water, $1; use $1/1 from 3/29 SS
Final Cost: FREE

Chicken of the Sea Tuna 10/$10

Ortega Taco Shells, 2/$3.00; use $1.00/2 from May All You Magazine

General Mills Cereals (Cheerios, Honey Nut, Reese Peanut Butter Puffs, Kix, Honey Kix or Lucky Charms), $2.99; use $1.00/2 from 4/5 SS
Final Cost: $1.99 for 2 or $.98 each (not as good as the Kelloggs, but if you're fussy.....)

Muir Glen Organic Soup, $2.49;
use $1/1 from 2/8 SS insert
Final Cost: $1.49 EACH

Don't forget: if you purchase $15 worth of participating General Mills, Scott Naturals or Clorox Green Works Products, you'll get 5 FREE Reusable Shopping Bags instantly at checkout! Now, I have more reusable bags than I really know what to do with most days, but some of them are getting a little ratty and need replacing.
Also, I find that it really works for me to have different styles and designs so that I can tell what I'm doing when I'm sorting out items for the food bank, our pantry, my family, and other giving. Since the cereal is on my list -- and the yoplait yogurt looks like it might count, I'm good to go.

No comments: