Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nature Valley Bars: Stop and Shop

Woo, hoo and woo hoo!!  I've been waiting for a deal on the Nature Valley granola bars!!  And it's finally here!!  And, at all places --- at Stop and Shop (Stop and Shop, I am sorry for all of the unpleasant remarks I've made about you and the lack of deals you offer --- this makes up for it all)
Let me be clear --- our family LOVES the Nature Valley Fruit and Nut bars and the Almond Nut bars ---- we love them.  They are our all time favorite snack bars.  We even take the non-raisin variety of the fruit and nut bars to dog obedience class as extra special rewards for good-dog performance!!  And we're down to our very last box from the last time a deal rolled around.
Well starting Friday, you can find me at Stop and Shop --- cleaning them out of Fruit and Nut bars until I cannot carry anymore.
Here's the deal
Spend $20 on General Mills products --- get $10 back
Now this CAT deal will work on far, far more than my precious Nature Valley bars -- but for right now -- I'm excited about this part of the deal -- I'll figure out the rest of what I can do, later.

So:  Granola bars are shelf price at $3.79 which means that I'll need to buy 6 boxes to work the deal.  (6x 3.79 =$22.74)
But -- they're on sale for $2.88 -- which means that six boxes will ring up for 17.28
Do I have coupons --- oh, boy do I have coupons!!
  • Nature Valley Granola Bars .70/2 GENERAL MILLS 2/7/10
  • Nature Valley Granola Bars or Granola Nut Clusters .40SS 3/7/10
  • Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut Granola Bars .50 GENERAL MILLS 2/7/10 
  • Nature Valley Granola Bars, $1/2 boxes, Print 
  • 40 cents off any flavor/variety Nature Valley® Granola Bars Print
Lets start with the $.40 off one coupon from the 3/7 SS  They'll double -- so 6x $.80 - 4.80
And $17.28 - $4.80 =$12.78  and I'm getting $10 back --- so $.46 a box
Repeat that transaction until I run out of the 3/7 insert coupons

Now -- moving on to the $.70/2 coupons from 2/7 SS  
Still starting with the $17.28 total at the register
These coupons will also double -- but I'll only use 3 for each transaction -- so 3x $1.40 = $4.20
$17.28 - 4.20 = 13.08 --- still not too shabby since I'll be rolling my catalinas big time by now  It works out to about $.51 a box -- not as good as before, but still very cheap granola bars!
So I'll repeat that transaction until I run out of the 2/7 inserts (I'm not worried about Stop and Shop running out of granola bars --- I have multiple stores to work with here.  

Now I'm moving on to the $1/2 coupons --- not my favorite but still -- depending on how many boxes I've accumulated, I may still do it. 
This coupon won't double, so its a straight $3.00 off
$17.28 - $3.00 = $14.28 with the $10 CAT coming back still .  Now we're looking at $.71 a box.  Still not too shabby.

The printables won't generate sufficient numbers for me to obsess about -- and they're the same values as the coupons from the inserts.  (I'm not sure that we even like the Sweet and Salty bars -- I'll have to double check)

No comments: